Wednesday 29 July 2009

July's coming to an end

Time flies, and July is nearing an end. In retrospect of the 2 months of holidays I've had, it felt like it was long time. I dont really remember the joy of completing my course, and the anticipation I felt with the arrival of school-less days. How ironic. Sometimes I wish I was still in year 2, having a good holiday sans worrying.

The 2 months were really contradicting. I was soo excited to step into a new phase of life, and elated because I can do whatever I want. But at the same time, I was afraid of my future. No doubt the holidays are well needed and required, it's at the expense of something. Like the supposed HK trip. I really hope I could just book the tix without worrying abt this and that. Being able to go for the trip means I'm jobless, but not being able to go means I'll miss my once-in-a-iifetime grad trip!! Kind of regretted not booking it in June. But oh well, I think, you thought, who confirm?

Lucky for me, I'm gonna take a very short and mini break in Batam! Not sth fantastic like a grad trip, but at least I'm gonna LEAVE Sg for a while. Getting away from this city even if it's Indonesia or Malaysia is so enticing :) I hope Batam treats us well. This time it isnt going to be as rushed as previously. Everything shall go on relax mode!

Haven been updating much becos my life is pretty much the same! And also partly cos I'm too lazy to upload pics and blog heheh. I realise I'm becoming such a lazy bum, hating to take buses and trains and want to be pampered by being chaufferred. (the spelling loooks wrong. oh heck it.) When I go for interviews, I will get my dad to drive me, wait for me, and then drive me back! Unless it's in town area where it's more convenient by taking trains, I practically got my dad to drive me if he's free. So spoilt! And plus whenever I go out with Andy, he picks me up from my place and sends me home to my doorstep. Yesterday I even took a cab to attend my interview cos there's no car avail! =/ That probably explains why I'm so lazy to ask pple out unless it's nearby or there's car.

Nevertheless, staying at home is good for me cos 1)save money, and 2)concentrate on job hunting. Whoa. Job market is really bad! I was feeling pretty disappointed few weeks ago cos I had no interviews for 2 weeks and felt so lost. My thoughts went everywhere and I wanted to go church/temple/mosque/holy places to pray! Hahah. Then, Andy gave me one of his bible (he's not so holy la I requested for it since he has 2 and is using none!)and I started reading the old testaments. Quite interesting! Suddenly brought me back to my primary school days where I was introduced to God. I am not a Christian but I felt His power when I communicate with him. After just a day of reading, calls started coming in for interviews! And usually, I get one at most two calls a day for interviews. That day, I got numerous. The following days were good and my schedule was packed (ok not like packed sardines but you get what I mean). I dunno what's the reason behind this sudden surge of luck, but I believe like what Cherie said, God has his plans for me. I think God sent Andy to be my saviour! Cos after my depression he has been sending me links and forwarding me job opportunites. He's really sweet to send me those links at 8am in the morning before he goes work! Thank you dear for sacrificing yr sleeping time hahah. Everyday, he goes thru the job portal and filter some potential jobs, even on weekends :)) Really thankful for the effort. And it really felt so surreal because it's like God answered my calls for help even thou I'm not a Christian and only attend Church on Easter and Christmas? It's so inspiring and I think you'll only understand if you've been thru it hahah.

Now that I'm given opportunities, I needa make sure I work hard towards my goal! I dunno what lies ahead in my journey, but I know it's definitely going to be fun and exciting. Sometimes I think I'm quite a self motivator, even thou there were times I needed a shoulder to lean on.

So...this weekend is so packed and I like it! Gonna have buffet, gonna partaye, gonna play badminton, and gonna meet new friends! I'm so excited excited excited and I love being busy and rushing for time haha cos it feels like I've acomplished something. And it wouldnt be long for my long awaited mini trip to Batam next week. I am so not patriotic and I never watch the NDP, not even when my bro was in the contingent (I only saw the march pass). I still love Singapore, even thou I wanna get PR status in Aussie! On a side note, I hope Andy gets his posting to Sydney for 3 months cos it's surely gonna be a great exposure and great opportunity for his career development. I'll be so happy for him but sad at the same time so this is probably how I'd look like :() ehh ugly looks like sausage lips!! But I hope his company don send him to Brazil or Middle East cos it's so far and sounds so ulu la.

Okay I've spend quite some time on blogger and it's time I get back to what I was doing.

Oh yes I forgot to mention: Buying new shoes new tops and revolutionising my resume does wonders to lift my spirits for this tough hunt.

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS ME

No comments: