Tuesday 14 July 2009

Sour cream gone soured

I'm eating potatoes sour cream salad for dinner tonight cos my sour cream has expired! Actually it expired yesterday but I dont think I'll die la. Didnt want to waste it anyway. The sad thing is, I'm absolutely not a good cook :( So dinner will be so rubbish for me. And it's so calorie heavy!! omgomgomg. and so much carb.

Anw, I think I'm sucha loner today. I went tamp alone to register myself with recruit express, adecco, and kelly services. So, I was at simei waiting for the ever so long bus 5 to arrive. I waited...one bus 9 went pass....then waited...2 bus 9....then 3 bus 9.....then 4 bus 9.... and it's really so irritating to see so many bus 9 and yet NO bus 5. I think there were at least 7 bus 9 that passed la. Then, this guy who's waiting for bus 5 too was apparently waiting for one hour alr. So he called SBS and they said there's a fatal accident on the bus's route. Grrr. So when FINALLY bus 5 arrived, I couldnt get on the bus. Not becos it's too crowded. It's becos I was on the phone (some impt business) so I had to wait for another 10 mins for the bus. omg. It's like I need 1 freaking hour to reach home from Tamp??

Oh and my very impt business. I was actually negotiating with my potential future employer cos what they're offering is seriously seriously too low..and I dont wanna accept something like that. Feel so shortchanged.

I realise I was able to negotiate (cos I thought I would be too intimidated to do so) unlike what I did in SPE. BUT, I'm still not as good as ANDY LIM cos he's sucha pro in that. The way and the frequency he negotiates is damn zai. I read the email he sent to his HR and it was like WHA. Ok maybe it's just me who's inexperienced. Still, the way he negotiates is power! Imagine: *Bang on the table* This is what I am asking for. Don't haggle the figure with me cos this is not a market. And he said this to his boss who's from Taiwan. So translating the above to chinese, it's like ' bu yao gen wo tao jia huan jia, wo men bu shi zai ba sha mai yu.' One day I'll try saying that to my boss and see if I get fired.

10 July Fri - Fly's chalet @ NSRCC
The first time I played texas hold em' poker!! And it's fun fun fun!! I wanna play it again mans. A break from our good old game of bridge at every gathering like it's mandatory. I think I had beginner's luck. And I want to have poker face! Cos you can't read my, can't read my, no u can't read my poker face~ Alright that's quite lame.

11 July Sat - Bugis
Sat was steamboat day at bugis. That place is frigging filled with PRC nehnehs. Usually I have no prob with them (if they dont talk to me) BUT the freaking woman behind me was talking NON STOP and it's seriously too irritating for me to take I feel like killing her. But I didnt. And then the worst thing was we had to wait for a table, where there's no queue system. Note that I didnt mention queue for a table, but wait. How was that nehneh suppose to know who came first when there are so many pple waiting as well! And the way she classify is 1)those who came first 2)those who came later. Wha piang eh. But the food was quite nice la ate loads of crayfish and button mushroom! The chicken soup became shellfish soup and it tasted like lobster bisque! Shiokkkkk. If I hadnt had 3 cans of chrysanthemum tea I would have finished the soup.

After the dinner, we wanted to look for sunshine plaza to play pool cos according to andy, sunshine plaze is nearby. BUT. it's at park lane la and that's quite far (if you walk). So we ended up at some random place and played pool!! Yay I love to play pool miss the days in SPE where I'll play pool every working day!

12 July Sun - ECP
As usual, sun tanning, but without cycling this time. Instead, we headed to the lagoon for lunch. I had duck porridge wheras Andy had 'my leg' as he claimed. He ate the apparently very popular pig trotter. I may eat like a pig but I'm not one! It was weird cos I couldnt finish my bowl of porridge ( and I didnt have breakfast that day). After that it was carwash~carwash~ I was so helpful lor I helped shampoo the car and then splashing water all over! Good workout for my arms haha.

THEN, the moment we were waiting for arrived. 430pm. Macs kitchen tour!! hahaha quite paiseh la cos the rest of the pple were families. Then customers dining in might most prob think we're having a first day orientation for work. So, I found out about how they cook and handle their food. Yada yada yada. I also saw what kind of equipment they used to prepare the egg. I don't know how to describe it. It's just quite impossible to do the eggs at home without that equipment la. And as the tour ended, we were expecting something, maybe a voucher or a free apple pie or sth. BUT, the only thing we had was Evian mineral water!! Sadden la :( To satisfy this expectation of having a free mac meal, we headed to Pasir Ris for Macs! I love garlic chilli I love love love garlic chilli!! Caught Ice Age 3 after dinner and I like the show!!! So brainless but hilarious! Definitely a must catch to relieve yourself of the crazy world out there.

oogies so unproductive today. Shall not let myself be conquered. Off to the battlefield..Ciao!

No comments: